Thursday 11 November 2010

Question: How much does the paleo diet cost per day in Japan (in yen) and can u give me a sample of what u eat daily?

Basically, my "diet" has gone completely out the window in the last month or so. I've been way too busy with study to be bothered to cook/care. I finished my last major assessment for this semester yesterday so I should be back on track now. Yesterday I ate only 2 eggs and a pizza plus beer. Fucking shite.

But as of tomorrow I will probably do something along the lines of;

Dinner; stir-fry:
Vegetables: 1 ピマン150¥, 1Onion50¥, mushrooms 100¥, 1 eggplant 60¥.
1 chicken breast 175¥
sauce; mirin, chilli sauce, chilli oil, seasoning, starch- I dunno the prices for only one meal, they all last for a while.

I'll probably do some exercise before I eat that, then after I finish eating, I'll probably crash pretty soon after. When I wake up I might not be hungry and just skip breakfast. Have a coffee and let it be. If I am hungry I might go for,
*Yogurt- 70¥
Fruit; price depends on what, but around 70-100¥
or
2 boiled eggs 75¥
*Yogurt is not paleo but I sometimes eat it anyway.

Lunch;
Salad 250-350¥
Meat/chicken/fish: 200-300¥

snacks;
Macadamia Nuts-100¥
Dried fruits-100¥
85%cacao bitter dark chocolate-150¥

So about 1000-1500¥ a day. These are just rough estimations based on what I might eat at each meal. It varies, plus I buy in bulk as much as possible. Also, with the paleo 'lifestyle' there is the idea that humans didn't evolve though orderly eating times and go through periods of fasting and feasting. Sometimes I don't eat cause I don't have time or I just don't want to, I don't need to eat out of habit or because it is 'time to eat'. Sometimes I get hungry, but it goes away and I feel fine after 10 minutes, or I might snack on some nuts. Sometimes I'm crazy fucking hungry and can not stop eating all day. At times like these I don't worry about what I eat and just go for it. Or I might go to a 'yakiniku nomitabehoudai'. This means a barbecue meat restaurant where I pay a fixed price to eat and drink as much as I want for a fixed amount of time. Usually 90minutes for around 3000¥ at a real cheap place. I'll go with cool guys and hot girls and we will all get trashed. Great times that you can't put a price on.

Generally eating out I can expect to pay between 2000-4000¥ at most places. That's if I don't drink too much and other dudes don't say some shit like, "OK, my last train is soon, I gotta go early. I'll just leave my money here." Then they drop 2000¥ but they drank the fucking house down and skipped out on paying their full share.

No comments:

Post a Comment