Friday 2 July 2010

会いたい?

I never use English with the nailist. But sometimes I do in messages.

Me: Nailist... I miss you...

Nailist: Me too.

Nailist: I like it, mango and lemon- *Bday present I gave

Me: Cool. ところで、日曜日に会わない?
Won't you meet me on Sunday?

Nailist: 会いたい?
Do you want to meet me?

I put my feelings out there and now you just want more. This was why I dumped you last time. This game of 'me chase and reassure you' does not strike me as fun. I'd rather not play. It's not just this, it's everything I say to you. I wonder how you would react if every time you said something nice to me I responded with, "Really? I don't believe you. Really? You aren't lying? Do you really mean it?"
The way you do it to me. What kind of impression would I leave? I understand, verbal reassurance is required, but other girls don't do it on every word I say. Maybe you just hit a nerve on a bad day. I should just go to bed. I won't respond to your message though.

2 comments:

  1. that's interesting. actually, japanese guys feel all manly if they can reassure girls like that, so i think that's why they do it. i think that's part of the "cute factor" that you were mentioning in another post.

    of course, any girl loves to go fishing for compliments or reaffirmation of your feelings for her, but in this case, i think a large part of it is cultural too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Karisma Gyaru! I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

    I see what you are saying and I guess some of it is cultural, but some of it is just this girl.

    Anyway, I don't reply to needy mails and mostly give her compliments when she does cool/nice things and wears sexy stuff. She gets the picture now. Be cool, hot and confident. Don't be needy. Easy. If that is too radical/different to Japanese guys, too bad. She is becoming a more attractive, confident person as a result.

    If guys need to reassure a girl to feel manly, then their manliness will disappear when the girl doesn't require it. They might then try to claim it back by acting tough or angry as a compensation. Men of all races do this. It's not cool.

    ReplyDelete