Monday 5 April 2010

My kind of date

My kind of date follows a simple progression.
1. Meet girl at my doorstep or station near my apartment.
2. We are enthusiastic to see each other so we have sex ASAP
3. After sex we decide to go out and do something that usually involves food and chatting about nothing in particular.
4. (optional) Fun activity
5. More sex.

Today's date with the nail artist combined steps 3 & 4 which were eating cheese and crackers with herb bread and cured meats while drinking plum wine and chatting by the riverside watching the sakura in full bloom. I went against my whole diet/new lifestyle philosophy to eat dairy but it was totally worth it.

There was a really strange moment today that struck my mind. I was standing with my girl in my arms looking over the pond filled with various colored carp and the sakura blooming beyond it and I noticed that while I was speaking in Japanese, I had left the reality of living in a western country. I realized that I was in some different Asian reality and my brain was collecting the information in Japanese and I felt like I was in some strange dream where I wasn't foreign, but Japanese. It's hard to explain, but it was weird. I don't want to be Japanese at all, but at that moment I felt Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment