Sunday 13 March 2011

I'm not brown bread

In England, the term, 'you're brown bread', means you are dead. At least I think thats what I heard from an English guy. In some other countries, 'brown bread' means boring.

I'm happy to report that I am neither dead nor boring. In fact, I have hardly watched any movies or TV shows in the last 4 years for the explicit reason that my life in Japan is so freaking surreal, exciting, weird and dramatic- filled with sex, romance, drama, action and tragedy at every turn, that I don't have the time nor feel the desire to watch people on a screen who are living lives that are less cool than mine anyway.

My life rocks and I'm so happy that I'm alive.

I don't stop to appreciate this fact everyday, but when I'm looking out the window at the scenery from a tall building as it sways from side to side from earthquake tremors, I begin to feel both gratitude for the cool and fun things that I have done in my life, and regret for the things I haven't done.

Tomorrow is a new day and it will be beautiful.

Thanks to the people who left messages of concern.

2 comments:

  1. i'm really glad to hear you're doing okay! love the blog - it gives a lot of people inspiration to live their lives as fully and as satisfyingly as you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah fuck yeah! Best comment ever! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete