Friday 18 March 2011

Regret



When I was freaking out during the earthquake thinking that I might be in a potentially life threatening situation I started to think about my life and I had a few regrets. The main regret I had was not communicating with my mother enough and including her in my life very much. I felt that if I died in the rubble of a building she would be the most effected. I really need to think about her more. Then I called her and she talked my ear off for an hour. Its hard for sons to relate to their mothers I think.

My buddy Taisuke (not real name) who I go drinking with sometimes has just broken up with his major relationship and said to me, "We regret the things in life that we didn't do, the chances we didn't take, not the things we did do."

I agree. So last night I invited a chick I picked up in an elevator in the building I work at over to my apartment for dinner. I should do this and do some things that are fun so I don't live in regret of things I didn't do.

It hit me when I met her and realized that she was a lot less attractive than my memory served me. I started cooking and drinking and she got cuter slowly. We ended up having sex- nothing exciting or memorable worthy of note. I don't regret it, but it was a whole lot less fun than hanging out with a someone sexy, confident and adventurous who I connect with more naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment