Saturday 30 October 2010

Question:any tips for japanese language learning?

I gave a basic outline of how I study here.

But just like anything, the more time you spend doing it, the better you will get. Even if you are just watching Japanese TV mindlessly It still helps IMO. These days I just talk to my GF, watch Anime, read comics, and I also read ero blogs on the net. You can download a firefox plugin called 'rikaichan' so when your cursor hovers over a Kanji character the english translation pops up. It's awesome.

Sometimes I practice writing by copying out sentences from an SRS like ANKI and I use a book by Heisig for Kanji. I also use my ipod touch for a vocab application 'Japanese flip'. I also download anime onto my ipod and watch it on the go. I also use my ipod for my dictionary. I used to listen to free Japanese podcasts but they stopped doing them for free so I gave that up. Plus I couldn't stand the guys voice. His voice made me angry. But ipod rocks.

Keep your headphones on, try to make the input Japanese as much as possible. Listen to a song you like then check the net for the lyrics, then try to sing the song. When you buy Japanese products try to read the label. Get input from as many different sources and mediums as you possibly can. If you're using materials that are of genuine interest to you, you will want to understand the meaning and that will motivate you to continue.

Then if the material itself doesn't motivate you, walking the streets and seeing girls like this looking at you and smiling, and then realizing that you can't speak to them, will make you want to learn. That's if you're a guy....d^0^b

No comments:

Post a Comment