Tuesday 1 June 2010

Cool guys are rare

Especially in Japan where the J-guys are too busy working to hang, and the foreign guys are pretty few and far between. To be honest, I'm not really good at talking to most guys. I'm not into the stuff they are into like economics, politics, sports, cars etc. If we can talk about music we have a middle ground to start from but if we don't have that I might struggle. To be honest, if you put me in a room full of people and told me to talk to either the group of guys or the group of girls, I would be much, much more comfortable talking with the girls. I've always been this way but I'm trying to improve my social skills with guys and I think I'm getting better.

This last weekend I bumped into a cool guy at the club who is so freaking cool, it's admirable. Last time I saw him he was wearing hiking gear and threw me a high five whilst not stopping to head into the train station. The time before that he was wearing a suit and a pimpass hat in a bar pulling a threesome with two girls (who weren't so cute but I won't hold that against him) one of which I heard was his girl (wife?). This time he was in the club by the bar and I sat down and had a chat with him. He was wearing an understated brown jacket that suited him well. The kind of clothing that doesn't make much effort but looks really good. That's cool. I was complaining about some shoulder pain and he told me that his mother was a physical therapist and showed me a way to relieve the pain. Then some guy spilled beer all over his sweet jacket.

Instead of going nuts, he held his cool and said, "I'm really pissed off because this jacket is new and if these guys who spilled the drink only knew the price of it.... And what with with this material, I doubt it's going to come out. I'd get nuts, but I just don't want to make a scene. Where I'm from, if you break something you pay for it."

I could see he was really pissed but just controlling it. The way he stayed cool was a serious notch up in his cool points in my book cause I know he could easily make a scene and kick the butt of the spiller guy and have the whole bar staff back him up. Hell, I'd back him up in a second.

*************

On the other end of the scale there are the uncool foreign guys. The LBH guys. These guys are the Loser Back Home types that suddenly spring into the center of attention because they are foreign and cling to that. I never forget one LBH guy said that he was never really cool back home but now people stop and look at him when he walks in the street. In response I told him about the time I stopped and looked at a car wreck on the side of the street. It wasn't attractive but I looked non the less. Guys like this are too numerous to mention in detail but I make special exception for the serious display of uncoolness I witnessed yesterday.

One of the bi-sexual girls I hang out with is actually a foreign girl who I work with and she had a going away party to mark the end of her stay here. To be honest, this girl has to be one of the most interesting people I have spoken to in such a long time and my respect for her just grows and grows every time I hang with her. So unique and really good with banter. She is naturally good looking and has a well toned body from regular exercise, but does little to enhance her appearance. She doesn't dress in cute clothes and doesn't wear any makeup whatsoever. I'm not sure if it's due to her being semi lesbian or due to the city from which she is from, but she lacks that kind of femininity that most Japanese girls have.

I'm pretty sick of these welcoming and farewell parties to be honest but I rock on to it. Things went along as they often do- everyone gets drunk, the office girls get flirtatious and touchy feely, and talk about risky topics under the veil of alcohol influence, then bail home at the last train.

The after party rocks on to karaoke with only a few guys and girls and they slowly taper off leaving the bill up to the people who stay on to the end. That bill was fucking insane which is why I hate these things. Anyway, there are only a few of us left- the guys are drunk and are trying to compete with each other on who is the hardest drinker, heaviest lifter etc. I love singing so I'm more interested in that. The bi-girl is sitting on my lap chatting to me about how one of the guys at the office is in love with her and does amazing things for her in secret and how she finds that disturbing since statistically women outnumber men by a great mile and to be the center of one guys universe is unnatural. Then she starts making out with me. After proving his manliness in ability to drink a lot and pick up heavy shit, married frat guy comes into save the fair damsel from the clutches of sleazy me.

Now, I often notice that when a semi attractive girl goes out on the town with an attractive girl, she will do her best to ruin her good looking friends chances of getting laid and be a total bitch to guys that approach with the premise that she is 'protecting her friend from sleazy guys' when really it's based upon jealousy of her friend getting more attention than she is.

Guys however, do not do this. Guys do not hinder their friends efforts with girls. At least none of the guys I hang out with do this. Married frat guy is a pure example of why cool guys are rare and why I do my best not to hang with him and guys like him who don't get laid on the regular.

What the hell guy? Just cause you ain't getting laid at home, doesn't mean you should stop the bi-girl from getting action!

Dude grabs me, pulls me aside and threatens to kill me. "If anything undue should happen to her, I will kill that person- including you. I will kill you man, and I'm not joking. Believe me- I will kill you. This isn't a joke."
Settle down captain America! You are not saving the world and sex is not the enemy.

I offer the bi-girl stay at my place and she says that if we want to do that we have to bail right now. I don't want to bail out on the bill so I tell her to go to the toilet while I organize it. Captain anti-pre-marital-sex frat fool (who has a serious drinking problem to deal with the fact he knocked up a girl and had to marry her and is miserable about it and wants to spite the rest of the world for his mistakes) appears and grabs the bi-girl (who is off her face) while I'm settling the bill and I don't know what he says, but they quickly bail as a group after we get out of the place effectively stopping me and her from leaving together.

I'm too drunk and tired to care- (I had plans for a sex date in a matter of hours anyway) so I walk home. I wake up later with a hangover. Bi girl msgs me and wants hang out before she leaves.

I feel happy that I'm not a guy that sees sex as a bad thing men do to women. All the women I sleep with have bigger, longer, stronger and more numerous amounts of orgasms than I do. If they are having a better time than me, I can only see my sex as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment