Tuesday 5 January 2010

Thailand Xmas+New Year part 1- morals questioned

New Years eve brought about a lot of debauchery and celebrations in big expense in this coastal Thailand town. The warm air and cold beer filled my body with the spirit to party and start a new year with class and style, yet for some reason I am lying on a bed in sleazy hotel in the red light district with a hooker in my arms holding on to me, crying her eyes out. What happened here? What am I doing?
I need to back up and go to the start of this whole debacle.

I decided to spend some time in the tropics of Thailand for my Christmas vacation. I had never been there before and I justified spending the money going there on count of the fact that I have been living in Asia for the last 4 years but have hardly visited any of the nearby countries. It was a great choice, all in all, probably the best time I've had in one short amount of time.

Sometimes at work the business men tell me about their trips to other Asian countries and how they cheat on their wives and family with hookers. In a professional sense I always held my tongue on how I felt really negative about it, and at the same time I'm strangely curious about what happens. One man told me a tale of his coworker getting one girl pregnant, and how he had to pay her out. It was really nerve racking for that guy, him having a family and all, but he wasn't certain if she was telling the truth or not. He suspected she may have been creating a ploy to get cash out of him. It worked. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and you can see the desperation on some of the people there. But I still wonder how desperate they really are in Thailand.

Another man told me about his adventures going to a 'fishbowl' type of brothel, one where you see a selection of women behind a glass wall, hence the term 'fishbowl'. You then select one based on your preference. He told me that it was really interesting for him to see what type of women his associates chose. I heard this story and reflected on how this depth of sleaziness made me feel uncomfortable, yet again, curious.
Soaplands or brothels, in Japan themselves are seen in quite a curious way in comparison to how most western society sees them. We see a hooker as a last resort for a man who can not get laid to save his life. It seems quite a shameful thing to do. On the other hand, most Japanese guys who I have talked to about it consider it as "just entertainment".

I was talking to a Japanese friend of mine about going out to do some Nampa with him, and he couldn't do it because he is in love with a special lady now. 10 minutes later he is giving me recommendations on brothels. I remind him about his claim of being in love, and the 'no nampa' policy he created. But for him, soapland is different. It's just entertainment. How can that be true? You step outside of your relationship to have intimate sexual intercourse with another women and you see no wrong?

Justifiably so, the women also take a similar stance. It is all unspoken, and no one has to confront or deal with their emotions and get hurt. This is Japanese culture. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Feel nothing.

I began to think about these morals and ways of thinking and soon I could see that in a sense, young, good looking and horny people do the same for each other with one night stands. Sex- with no strings attached. I myself am certainly part of this club, and I don't see any wrong in doing a girl once only if she only wants me once.

So what about when money gets involved? Does that make it bad?

If I spend money on a date and pay for the meal and pay for the movie, the karaoke or whatever we decide to do, that makes me a gentleman with chivalry. I would be working under the premise of giving romance and sweeping a girl off her feet, to get to my own end- sex. Her end, is not sex, it's not money, it's the feeling of being special towards the presence of something powerful- the feeling of being protected and comforted. Kind of like how her Dad used to do when she was young. For some girls the feeling is so good that she doesn't want it to stop and will resist when things begin to get sexual. This can be frustrating to some men and why I recommend against paying too much on dates in general. It saves you from becoming the 'Daddy'.

Let's say, as a somewhat good looking person, I could look at a girl and she could look at me, and we could pretty soon determine that we want to fuck. Yet she feels we have to keep in line with what society provides us with as a good estimate of time to spend with each other before things are allowed to get intimate. By allowing this time to pass neither of us will think of her as a slut that only wants sex. With the mandatory date time having passed she won't feel any guilt for actually being sexually attracted to a guy and wanting to fuck him soon based on looks alone. It's a big run around and more often than not weakens my attraction to the girl.

The other problem with this date situation is that it takes my time, and my money. If the girl is a total bitch and/or sux in bed, it's a big loss of investment. For this reason, I considered the possibility of cutting through time and inevitably; emotion, to get to my means. The money invested remains similar. You only live once friend. Why not try everything once, including a call girl?

But who would be prepared for a hooker to have an emotional breakdown during the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment